[erlang-questions] "Mnesia" Pronunciation

Hynek Vychodil vychodil.hynek@REDACTED
Tue Dec 4 17:17:45 CET 2007

I tough that mnesia is opposite to amnesia, e.g. it is opposite to
lost memory, then keep memory. Then I think mensia is pronounced
/mˈniʒə/.

So I am not native english speeker, than I can be supprised.

On 12/4/07, David Mercer <dmercer@REDACTED> wrote:

> How is "Mnesia" pronounced?
>

> I was pronouncing it em-NEE-zha (similar to "amnesia") but I saw in the
> Mnesia manual the use of the indefinite article "a" with it (as in "a Mnesia
> table"), making me think the initial sound must be a consonant.  Thought
> maybe the correct pronunciation then is either me-NEE-zha or NEE-zha ("m" is
> silent as in "mnemonic").  Please advise.  Thank-you.
>

> DBM

--Hynek (Pichi) Vychodil