[erlang-questions] porting to NetBSD/amd64

Ignatios Souvatzis ignatios@REDACTED
Tue Dec 4 10:55:47 CET 2007

Hello,

I've been pointed to a problem compiling the pkgsrc Meta-Package for
Erlang to NetBSD/amd64. (The package works fine here on NetBSD/arm32,
NetBSD/i386 (== all 32bit Intel) and Solaris/sparc).

Apparently, a part of the configure script compiles some OS+CPU-specific
code, with a couple of variants available, to check for "reliable FPU
exceptions". The default code makes the build process hang cheweing up
all CPU cycles. (Hm, uncleared FPU exception, or non-incremented PC...)

Are there instructions available somewhere to what this code is expected
to do exactly, so that I can write some code that matches them?

Regards,
	Ignatios Souvatzis