[erlang-questions] Erlang on the N800?

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Tue Dec 4 10:02:36 CET 2007

Michael T. Richter writes:
 > What are the odds of getting Erlang ported over to a Nokia N800?  (For
 > those who don't know what I'm talking about, the N800 is an "Internet
 > Tablet" -- handheld computer running Linux on an ARM processor with some
 > TI DSP enhancements.)  Is it something worth trying or are there known
 > problems that render it something I wouldn't bother with out of the box?

I just scanned the wikipedia N800 page and at first glance it looks
like you can cross compile Erlang for the N800 fairly easily. (it runs
a modern linux, no mention of a funny C library, heaps of RAM and flash).

Assuming you already have a toolchain and know how to use it, take a
look at

  http://www.trapexit.org/Cross_compiling

Matthias