[erlang-questions] Query: Status of Erlang on AIX.

Kenneth Lundin kenneth.lundin@REDACTED
Tue Dec 4 10:16:00 CET 2007

On 12/4/07, Andreas Hillqvist <andreas.hillqvist@REDACTED> wrote:
> Would it be a possibility to simulate hardware using some sort of full
> system simulation platform, like Virtutech Simics?
Possible yes, probably.
Slower execution for sure a factor of at least 10 or more slower.
We want our test to be completed during the night which they are now
but not with a big marginal on certain platforms.
A slower execution will make this impossible.
> Why not use "virtual hardware" for all platform tests. Wouldn't  this
> make life simpler for you?
It is the time it takes to maintain all platforms and the setup of
tests and build
on these that is cruical together with the follow up on test results.
I don't think the use of virtual HW will make life simpler for us.
Virtutech Simics is not for free AFAIK so we would not save much or
anything compared with real HW.

/Kenneth