[erlang-questions] PostgreSQL driver

Tamas Nagy lestat@REDACTED
Sun Dec 2 20:23:48 CET 2007

In our project changing from ODBC to a native MySql driver
resulted in a factor of two speed up on a Windows machine.

On linux using the ODBC was unacceptable.
It took ages to do a single query. We did not really investigated it
why.
Basically the erlang part was waiting for the answers 99% of the time.
The cause probably had been the MySql's ODBC driver for linux.

Regards,
     Tamas Nagy