[erlang-questions] idea: DB in Prolog application in Erlang

Robert Virding rvirding@REDACTED
Sun Dec 2 13:31:26 CET 2007

The obvious answer (obvious to me at least) is to use Erlog or a development
of it.

- You can do nice querying into a database. I did a simple Ets interface to
Erlog which takes a pattern (prolog term) and returns successive matches to
it over backtracking binding unbound variables.

- It  is integrated into Erlang concerning data.

- You don't define Erlog procedures as Erlang code, but this could be done
using parse transforms. Someone "just" has to do an interface to the "right"
database.

- It would be difficult to just directly call an Erlog procedure, even if it
was written in Erlang, as you need a context for it to work in which is not
the same as for normal Erlang code.

I never went further with Erlog as no-one came back with request/suggestions
for how it could be developed. But I am open to suggestion