[erlang-questions] Reading large (1GB+) XML files.

Dmitrii 'Mamut' Dimandt dmitriid@REDACTED
Thu Aug 16 08:48:19 CEST 2007

Patrik Husfloen wrote:
> I've been trying to learn erlang for a while, and I recently found
> what I thought to be an easy starter project. I currently have a
> simple application that reads data from a couple of Xml files using
> SAX, and inserts it using a rpc over http.

I guess that for large files you could do better with
http://www.codeproject.com/cpp/HTML_XML_Scanner.asp
"
It is fast. We managed to reach a speed of scanning nearly 40 MB of XML
per second (depends on the hardware you have, of course).
"

And bind that to Erlang... Mmmmmm... :)