[erlang-questions] Load testing in parallel

David Mitchell monch1962@REDACTED
Tue Aug 14 09:57:55 CEST 2007

Great tip Serge!

Like many others, I'm new to Erlang - I've read through the
"Programming Erlang" book, "Thinking in Erlang" and various PDFs at
the main Erlang site.  I've written a few trivial bits of code,
identified and sorted out a bunch of problems I've created, and now
I'm moving into using Erlang for larger projects.  However, I've never
come across info about now() and timer.diff() before; like Ahmed, I've
been using statistics(wall_clock) for profiling purposes.

Where is that type of info documented?  Is it only in the various
library APIs (and thus I'll have to work through each of these to get
a handle on this type of info), or is there some "best practices"-type
documentation I haven't yet stumbled on?  I don't mind putting in the
time to do my research, but I suspect I'm not yet across all the
"good" sources of info.

Thanks in advance

Dave M.