[erlang-questions] Parse-transforming !! to a function call

Ryan Rawson ryanobjc@REDACTED
Sun Aug 12 03:57:58 CEST 2007

One weird thing is the "with" and "and" that you elide aren't really
semantic sugar or ignorable. They are a meaningful part of the
selector's name.  Destroying objective c to fit with erlang fills me
with a special sad since the NS API is probably the best one I have
ever seen. Also practically there are many selectors that start with
the same prefix and differ only by the 2nd arguments. Your scheme
would create some confusion there too.

-ryan