[erlang-questions] MySQl vs. mnesia

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Thu Aug 9 03:00:26 CEST 2007

On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 04:28:39PM -0700, Jeff Crane wrote:
}  I'm not sure mnesia shines anywhere but in theory.

You miss the point of Erlang/OTP entirely then.

}  If I can't do a 6 table FK'd join (on tables
}  containing hundreds of thousands of rows) I can't use
}  a DB for real work. *shrug*

If your problem domain is such the so be it.  Can you
not imagine that other problem domains are significantly
different from your own?  Mnesia is used in demanding
real life production use in several problem domains
where you would not feel at home.

	-Vance