[erlang-questions] Mnesia is overloaded

David King dking@REDACTED
Tue Aug 7 20:16:18 CEST 2007

I have an application that uses mnesia (through erlydb) that, at the
moment, gets very little traffic, except occasionally it has a few
tens of thousand records inserted all at once (well, two or three at
a time, but several thousand in a row). When this happens, I get the
following:

=ERROR REPORT==== 7-Aug-2007::10:48:50 ===
Mnesia('hostname'): ** WARNING ** Mnesia is overloaded: {dump_log,

write_threshold}

The data makes it into the database just fine, but I get that message
quite a few times. According to <http://www.erlang.org/pipermail/
erlang-questions/2000-July/001477.html>, that message "is generated
when a log dump has been triggered before the previous one
completed". Is there any way that I can temporary lengthen the amount
of time between log dumps? Or is it possible to make the database-
saves synchronous, to keep from overloading mnesia?