[erlang-questions] VM & BEAM Specs

Denys Rtveliashvili rtvd@REDACTED
Tue Aug 7 06:36:15 CEST 2007

Hi again,

It looks like my posting has raised a too emotional discussion. I'm
sorry for that, as it is not what I intended. And I am not a person who
likes arguing.

I still believe that a different implementation of lists can improve
speed of Erlang. Just like an ability to call arbitrary C functions
cheaply (so that there is no need to pass boxed values) and probably
other things. But I see no way to do a small step towards it. So I
prefer to wait until a more suitable for for experimenting with
implementation of Erlang appears.

However, as David points out, the BEAM file format is not really
documented. And I guess VM is neither documented too. So I don't think
somebody will rush into implementation of a different Erlang flavor.

That's all. %(

With kind regards,
Denys Rtveliashvili