[erlang-questions] ErlIde

tsuraan tsuraan@REDACTED
Mon Aug 6 17:02:06 CEST 2007

> $ java -version
> java version "1.4.2_12"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_12-270)
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2-70, mixed mode)
>
> Is there an update available somewhere? I found an update for 10.4.x but
> am unable to find an update for 10.3.x. While I could try to install it
> via fink's apt-get I'd rather update the main version than having
> unnecessary multiple copies. Does anyone know if and where I can find
> this update?

I'm pretty sure that the official OSX Java is tied to the OS.  You
won't find an Apple-provided JVM for Java
1.5 and OSX.3
 because they expose a lot of the actual OSX core libraries to the JVM.  Since
10.4 added a bunch of stuff to CoreImage, etc, the Java 1.5
 machine that they modified to support that won't work in 10.3.
You'll have to upgrade OSX (I'm personally waiting for
10.5 before doing that), or try to get a free JVM like Blackdown or OpenJDK
working.