[erlang-questions] (JInterface): Some subclasses of OtpErlangObject override equals() but not hashCode()?

Jonathan Gold dev@REDACTED
Mon Aug 6 01:05:23 CEST 2007

I was looking through the jinterface source to find out some things about how
the encoding/decoding worked, and noticed that OtpErlangAtom and OtpErlangDouble
(and perhaps others) override equals() based on compareTo, but does not override
hashCode(). This seems like it could violate the contract of Object.hashCode(),
so was just curious to see whether I've misread the jinterface code somehow.

jon