[erlang-questions] VM & BEAM Specs

Denys Rtveliashvili <>
Sat Aug 4 14:11:57 CEST 2007

> Hello,
> The ErlangVM and BEAM file specifications are available?
> Thanks,
> Lucindo
I join to this question.

I was also looking for the specifications once as I had an idea how to
improve the performance of list operations by changing the underlying
However, I found none. So I took a look into the source code of the VM
and came to a thought that the code is too complicated for me to change

By the way, in case there is a specification for BEAM files and VM it
would be (theoretically) possible to create a concurrent implementation
which might bring a bit "fresh blood" into the development of ErlangVM
and OTP. Diversity is a great thing, especially if it is based on open

With kind regards,
Denis Rtveliashvili