[erlang-questions] Stand Alone Erlang Still Updated?

Hakan Mattsson hakan@REDACTED
Thu Aug 2 14:05:57 CEST 2007

On Thu, 2 Aug 2007, Christophe Romain wrote:

CR> > But how do you fit drivers, port programs and other stuff
CR> > that may reside on priv_dir into the all-in-one format?
CR>
CR> CEAN supports that already. example: one installation
CR> can contains stuff for linux mac and windows all priv
CR> directory contains platform specific subdirectory,
CR> selected at runtime.

Ok, but that means that the standalone deliverable
contains more files than just the executable file.

Even if it would be nice, I think that it is very hard
to bundle the emulator with port programs, other priv
dir stuff, heart, epmd etc. as one single executable.
The selfcontained standalone executable is certainly
something to strive for, but I think that we need to be
realistic and accept that it is not possible without
suffering vital system characteristics.

/Håkan