[erlang-questions] process dictionary, anyone?

Valentin Micic valentin@REDACTED
Mon Apr 30 09:41:32 CEST 2007

This has become an ideological debate adding very little (if at all) value.
Like it or not, process dictionary is part of ERLANG environment, and IMHO,
it is better if it stay that way.
I do not use process dictionary extensively(*), but I'm glad to have an
option to do so.
If you think differently, you also have an option -- not to use it.
Talking about four legs being good and two even better, does not help
anyone.

V.

(*) Sometime it is handy to have it as a private storage, however, one
should not use process dictionary without planning. IMHO, that's the time
when its usage will lend you in trouble.