[erlang-questions] os_mon memsup reporting memory consumption

Nicolas Niclausse nicolas@REDACTED
Mon Sep 25 17:32:04 CEST 2006

Gunilla Arendt ecrivait le 25.09.2006 14:29:
> Hi
>
> I see the point, but it would be a non-backward compatible change
> and as you know we're very hesitant about those.
>
> An alternative solution could be to add a new tag to the result of
> memsup:get_system_memory_data() for Linux systems, although that would
> not affect the setting/clearing of alarms.
>
> If anybody else has thoughts about this, please feel free to share.

Hello,

I agree with Serge; in the current implementation, memsup is useless on Linux.

I vote for a non-backward compatible change (I already ask for this 2 years
ago, but got no reponse)

--
Nicolas Niclausse