[erlang-questions] comma-less lists and tuples

Thomas Lindgren thomasl_erlang@REDACTED
Thu Sep 21 10:16:22 CEST 2006

Yes; my example wasn't Smalltalk, just mildly "similar". The purpose was to sketch the "foo:bar:baz" notation; sorry if this was not clear.

Best,
Thomas

----- Original Message ----
From: Richard A. O'Keefe <ok@REDACTED>
To: erlang-questions@REDACTED
Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2006 3:45:27 AM
Subject: Re: [erlang-questions] comma-less lists and tuples

Thomas Lindgren <thomasl_erlang@REDACTED> wrote:
    Smalltalk has a similar notation, something like
    "select: [foo bar baz] from: [tab1, tab2]
         where: [xyz '=' {'+', [1 2 3 4]}]"'

As a Smalltalk user (still haven't finished my Smalltalk compiler;
too busy supervising students) who frequently consults the standard
and peers at the compiler's workings from time to time, I can tell
you that Smalltalk has no such syntax.
/.../