[erlang-questions] New to Erlang

Jeff Crane jefcrane@REDACTED
Mon Sep 18 20:00:37 CEST 2006

I've been trying to learn erlang for the last year off
and on in my free time. The online documentation
hasn't been much help (to me) as a teaching aide, nor
as a reference material given my lack of understanding
of the language.

A Javadoc style web reference would be something I
could get behind.

I've primarily taught myself from examples:

http://www.matt-mcdonnell.com/code/code_erl/erl_course/erl_course.html
http://www.erlang.org/examples/klacke_examples/index.html
http://erlang.stacken.kth.se/examples/win95demo/win95demo.html
http://www.erlang.org/examples/examples-2.0.html
Joe's TCP Server examples, etc.

>From this I've learned in a lopsided fashion, with a
focus on networking and process parallelism, but I
know some erlang!