[erlang-questions] New to Erlang

Jeff Crane <>
Mon Sep 18 20:00:37 CEST 2006

I've been trying to learn erlang for the last year off
and on in my free time. The online documentation
hasn't been much help (to me) as a teaching aide, nor
as a reference material given my lack of understanding
of the language.

A Javadoc style web reference would be something I
could get behind.

I've primarily taught myself from examples:

Joe's TCP Server examples, etc.

>From this I've learned in a lopsided fashion, with a
focus on networking and process parallelism, but I
know some erlang!