[erlang-questions] multi-threaded woes

Bob Cowdery Bob.Cowdery@REDACTED
Mon Sep 18 17:48:30 CEST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: Mats Cronqvist [mailto:mats.cronqvist@REDACTED]
Sent: 18 September 2006 16:15
To: Bob Cowdery
Cc: Vlad Dumitrescu; Erlang-Questions (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [erlang-questions] multi-threaded woes

Bob Cowdery wrote:

>I don't think there is a suitable Erlang binding to a GUI library such that Erlang can drive.

>> gtknode (http://code.google.com/p/gtknode) is a c-node that implements
libglade/GTK+2.8.

It's interesting and at first glance looks a similar approach to mine. It's a C node though and not a C port so clearly its possible to do. It sends interactions as messages and receives back updates. I will have to look closer to see if it could cope with multiple updates per interaction and unsolicited updates. I think looking at the code will be instructive for me anyway so thanks for the pointer.

Bob