[erlang-questions] gen_tcp question

Sean Hinde sean.hinde@REDACTED
Mon Sep 18 10:38:03 CEST 2006

Hi Joe,

If the document does not say that this can only be used in passive
mode then I read it as saying it should be present and correct in
active mode. The passage simply refers to "receiving", which should
mean all receive modes.

FWIW I was referring to active mode in my replies..

I also see that {active, once} is now properly documented which is
great - it means that the book could describe the very smartest way
to use sockets :-)

It is truly exciting to see you are back on the book drive. I'm sure
we are all here to help with your extremely welcome effort!

Finally, for me the book should always refer to best "real world"
practice. If Ericsson must be persuaded to fix the documentation in
some areas then even better.

BR,
Sean