[erlang-questions] Emacs and erlang shell arguments

Jani Hakala jahakala@REDACTED
Sat Sep 16 20:36:52 CEST 2006

jmT2 <johan@REDACTED> writes:

> Thanks, but then I cant easily have multiple erlang shells
> with different names. The trick was to do:
>
> (set 'inferior-erlang-machine-options '("-name" "foo"))
>
> And now I'm only fighting the problems with running distributed on XP.
> Works on two machines of three, close but no cigar :-(  Any hints are
> welcome.

I guess that there are not many hints available unless the problem is
DNS or firewall related.

Can you tell if there are any major differences in those windows XP
computers? Like windows xp home vs pro, different firewall program or
settings, different antivirus protection, different processor, etc.

It's a pity that there seems to be no linux strace program equivalent
for windows.

Jani Hakala