[erlang-questions] constructing binaries question

Yariv Sadan yarivvv@REDACTED
Thu Sep 14 22:12:58 CEST 2006

I think your solution will work for me. The final goal is to send the
query to a socket, so the structure doesn't matter for pattern
matching. However, I do have to send the query after it's constructed
to an intermediate gen_server, which then sends the query to a process
that owns the socket. I know that sending binary messages involves
less copying than sending other types of messages, so I'm tempted to
construct the queries as binaries before sending them anywhere.

What's the best approach in this scenario?

Thanks
Yariv