[erlang-questions] gen_tcp question

Joe Armstrong (TN/EAB) <>
Thu Sep 14 14:53:10 CEST 2006

I'm not interested in what is actually does -
I'm interested in what it's supposed to do.

The documentation is supposed to tell you what the program is supposed
to do
and I suppose that it is reasonable to suppose that people are supposed
send error messages if they suppose that the program does not
do what might be supposed from the documentation.

<I'm almost proud of that sentence>