[erlang-questions] Erlang in network mode on Windows XP

Mickael Remond mickael.remond@REDACTED
Tue Sep 12 20:14:41 CEST 2006

Hello,

Long time ago I have reported a problem on Windows XP with Erlang
started in network mode.
On some XP computer, erlang cannot start with -name or -sname whatever
the name you use (crash at startup).
I never managed to find a consistent rule of why some machine are
working and some are not. I have checked the firewall (disable) and
antivirus (disabled). On some machine it is working and on other not.
Other network applications and servers software are working fine.
This only happens on windows XP and not on windows 2000.

Some others have faced the same problem:
- http://www.erlang.org/ml-archive/erlang-questions/200308/msg00076.html
- http://www.erlang.org/ml-archive/erlang-bugs/200603/msg00005.html
- http://www.erlang.org/ml-archive/erlang-questions/200411/msg00120.html
- http://www.erlang.org/ml-archive/erlang-questions/200404/msg00072.html
- http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/180880.html

and even some more, but I think this is enough to understand the
problem.

So my question is the following: Has someone ever managed to understand
what was happening and how to solve the problem ?

I have to make a software work on a particular computer, and I am stuck
with this problem. I tried with erlang R10b-10.

Thank you !

--
Mickaël Rémond
 http://www.process-one.net/