[erlang-questions] C data encoding/decoding

Bob Cowdery Bob.Cowdery@REDACTED
Mon Sep 11 15:20:51 CEST 2006

Serge

Thanks, that looks useful. I can see a little study will be required here.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: Serge Aleynikov [mailto:serge@REDACTED]
Sent: 11 September 2006 13:53
To: Bob Cowdery
Cc: Erlang Users' List
Subject: Re: [erlang-questions] C data encoding/decoding

Bob,

You can look here for an example of how to use EI for marshaling terms:

http://wiki.trapexit.org/index.php/HowToUseEI

As far as the guidelines on how to represent C structs, you can declare
records on the Erlang side, and encode C structs as tuples.  Though to
the best of my knowledge, there's no single recommendation on how to
deal with complex structures, and you'll have to figure out the most
suitable representation that fits your case.

Regards,

Serge