[erlang-questions] 'C' Driver Question

Bob Cowdery Bob.Cowdery@REDACTED
Thu Sep 7 15:57:03 CEST 2006

Serge

Thank you, that fixed it. It wasn't obvious to me the name had to be the filename. Nice to see this group looks fairly active, good to know when starting out.

Regards
Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: erlang-questions-bounces@REDACTED
[mailto:erlang-questions-bounces@REDACTED]On Behalf Of Serge Aleynikov
Sent: 07 September 2006 14:20
To: Erlang/OTP discussions
Subject: Re: [erlang-questions] 'C' Driver Question

What this means is that the driver name doesn't match filename.  Most
likely you gave an inconsistent name to your driver in the ErlDrvEntry
structure, it should be:

ErlDrvEntry sample_driver_entry = {
     "liber_driver",   /* char *driver_name, the argument to open_port */
};

Also you can make the error reason more verbose by using
erl_ddll:format_error/1:

case erl_ddll:load_driver(".", liber_driver) of
ok ->
    ...;
{error, Reason} ->
    {error, erl_ddll:format_error(Reason)}