[erlang-questions] Lego Mindstorms NXT

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Wed Sep 6 15:51:37 CEST 2006

Hi,

There were several discussiona about Erlang and robotics, and in one
of them (http://www.erlang.org/ml-archive/erlang-questions/200303/msg00187.html)
there was a reference to Lego Mindstorms.

Lego has just releaset its new Mindstorms platform, NXT, which runs an
ARM7 processor and talks Bluetooth, which means that it is more
probable that Erlang might run on it. (but only 64K memory makes it
not so probable)

I am the owner of a kit since yesterday :-) so I will give it a shot
(in due time). Running Erlang on PC and talking via BT seems an easier
approach.

The main problem for me would be to create a platform-independent BT
port program. I couldn't find many free libraries... Any pointers?
Even skipping BT and talking via USB, the same problem remains (but
there seem to be more libs).

Or if i could get my hands on a Blackdog gizmo like the one Mickael
Remond showed at EUC last year... hmmm! ;-) Or did anyone manage to
run Erlang on Windows Mobile / PocketPC?

best regards,
Vlad