[erlang-questions] was there a bugfix to {packet, line} mode between R10B and R11B?

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Tue Sep 5 11:50:22 CEST 2006

Hi,

I've attached a test program. It sends lines of data over a TCP
socket, like this:

   AAAAAAAAAAAA\r\n
   BBBBBBBBBBBB\r\n
   CCCCCCCCCCCC\r\n
   DDDDDDDDDDDD\r\n

and then receives them with the {packet, line} option. The odd thing
is that, sometimes, one of the lines goes missing. Running the test
for different combinations of OS and OTP release:

    Operating System        R10B-10       R11B-0
    Linux                   ok            ok
    Windows XP              fails         ok

To run the test program, compile it and

   win_fail:go().

The program loops forever on correct behaviour. It stops on failure.

At the moment, I'm stuck:

   - I can't find any fixed ERTS bugs which match the symptoms I'm seeing

   - I can't see any differences between the inet driver in R10B-10
     and R11B-0 which fix such a bug, i.e. I'm slightly worried that
     the bug is present in both, but masked in R11B.

   - I'm not doing anything dodgy

   - I don't know how to debug in windows; I don't even have a C
     compiler for Windows.

Clues appreciated.

Matthias