[erlang-questions] Mock functions

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Mon Sep 4 19:24:12 CEST 2006

You don't have objects in Erlang but you do have processes. These can
respond to any message you want since messages are standard Erlang
terms (tuples, lists, etc.).

There's nothing preventing you from creating two modules (OTP
gen_serve) that respond to the same set of messages differently. One
implementation is your mock implementation and the other is the real
one.

Just plug in one process instead of the other, depending on the
circumstances, by passing it somewhere as an argument.

--
http://wagerlabs.com/