Metaprogramming

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Sat Sep 2 23:05:21 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I've promised to return with some more info about how it is going with
my efforts to implement some kind of metaprogramming facilities.

The "problem" is that I didn't keep my original goal, but am now
aiming a little higher. That meaning that instead of something like
"Template Haskell" I'd like to implement something like "MetaML".
Which isn't much more difficult, but needs integration into the
compiler (as opposed to only affecting the scanner and parser). One
also needs to be careful not to change the semantics of existing
constructs.

So it's going forward, but slowly. I'm also getting headaches from
mentally jumping around between the meta-language levels :-)

regards,
Vlad