Sun Niagara potential ??

Claes Wikstrom <>
Fri Sep 1 14:50:54 CEST 2006

ke han wrote:
> If the openSSL lib yaws is indirectly using doesn't "magically" leverage
> the on-core acceleration, I will need to dig into the erlang https code
> to make it so...any pointers?

Earlier crypto accelerators I've used were _sometimes_
directly useable from openssl, given that the right so
called "engine" was initialized.

So to get crypto acceleration, the following must be

1. make sure the accelerator is supported in openssl
    libs through --engine. If not, all bets are almost

2. Add engine support to otp/lib/ssl/c_src/esock_openssl.c
    and the ssl:start().

Claes Wikstrom                        -- Caps lock is nowhere and                  -- everything is under control
cellphone: +46 70 2097763