[erlang-questions] Was Re: Bug ?! now Erlang comment (LONG LONG)

Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Fri Oct 27 15:41:54 CEST 2006

Kostis wrote:

> Dominic Williams wrote:
> >
> > I think the solution is to offer, along with the changes,
> refactoring
> > tools to bring existing code up to date.
>
> I very much agree with the comments of Dominic.
>
> [...]
>
> I can continue, but it would be more interesting to also read
> some arguments from users who are pro maintaining backwards
> compatibility.

I think our position on this issue is that as long as we
are told about potential incompatibilities, and there are
good ways to find (and perhaps fix) the affected bits of code,
we try to be supportive of things that improve the language.

BR,
Ulf W