[erlang-questions] Was Re: Bug ?! now Erlang comment (LONG LONG)

kostis@REDACTED kostis@REDACTED
Thu Oct 26 18:13:04 CEST 2006

Dominic Williams wrote:

> However, I do find that backward compatibility is too often
> offered as a reason not to make some changes, particularly
> of the kind that correct past mistakes. As a result, Erlang
> is growing, but not cleaned up.
>
> I think the solution is to offer, along with the changes,
> refactoring tools to bring existing code up to date.

I very much agree with the comments of Dominic.

In the (not so distant) past, I've seen a certain reluctance to clean up Erlang and I was never particularly convinced by the arguments which were offered to explain this reluctance.

 really long time before they are made default.  There is still no option to disallow two-tuples as funs.

Kostis