[erlang-questions] Erlang for a SMTP server?

Logan, Martin <>
Fri Oct 20 18:15:42 CEST 2006

erlang is an excellent choice for something like this.  a word of
if you're looking to build a production quality service, make sure you
build it on top of otp, rather than rolling your own.  otp can seem a
daunting when you're first starting erlang, but it's well worth the
effort if you're building serious systems.  the docs are pretty good,
and there
are some good tutorials around now.

OTP is the right way to go and I agree it can be daunting, but not so
daunting I hope when you have a standard build system and a good
tutorial that walks you right through the process.