[erlang-questions] Solaris 10 equiv to kqueue or epoll?

Rickard Green rickard.s.green@REDACTED
Fri Oct 20 15:41:04 CEST 2006

The emulator does not use solaris event ports, but we plan to implement
the kernel poll feature using them some time in the future (but I don't
know when). I don't think the non-smp emulator will benefit from event
ports compared to /dev/poll, but the smp emulator might.

In order to be able to use /dev/poll you have to pass the
--enable-kernel-poll command line argument to configure when building
OTP. You also have to pass the command line argument +Ktrue to erl when
starting the emulator.

BR,
Rickard Green, Erlang/OTP