[erlang-questions] Bug in Inets handling of PUT?

Brad Marshall brad@REDACTED
Wed Oct 18 02:00:54 CEST 2006

I'm calling a web service with a PUT via http:request/6.  The PUT results in
a 200 and a content length of zero.  The zero-length response seems to be
causing the request to hang until the keepalive timeout expires and the
socket closes.  If I make the change below then the PUT works perfectly:

diff httpc_response.erl httpc_response.erl.original
61c61
< 	N when N >= Length ->
---
> 	N when N >= Length, Length > 0 ->

I'm new to Erlang so please point me in the right direction if I'm off base.
 I've checked the RFC and it seems valid for a PUT to have a zero-length
response.  Oh, and I tried this in ibrowse and it worked perfectly, but I'd
much rather use a built-in if possible.

Any tips on solving this are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
brad