[erlang-questions] compiling erlang in cygwin

Fredrik Thulin ft@REDACTED
Fri Oct 6 13:44:21 CEST 2006

Hi

I'm currently testing Windows as my desktop operating system, after
having used Linux for that purpose for ten years.

While having a Start button is very funny, it isn't too amusing if I
can't bring some old habits along =). I want to continue developing in
Erlang in a console window (with tabs, found it -
http://console.sf.net), using Emacs (not XEmacs). I've installed Cygwin
and lots of things to make my new desktop feel almost like it should,
but I have a problem - I can't compile Erlang/OTP R11B-1 in Cygwin, and
I don't like werl.exe.

Does anyone know how to make it work? It seems that the problem is with
inet_gethost not being compiled correctly. I have tried plain
./configure as well as ./configure --target=win32.

Thanks for any advice

/Fredrik