[erlang-questions] Bug ?!

Richard Carlsson richardc@REDACTED
Wed Oct 4 10:33:12 CEST 2006

Richard A. O'Keefe wrote:
> Ever since I met them, I have *loved* n+k patterns in Haskell.

I agree that they are very cute. Probably too cute.
For a detailed discussion by the Haskell nomenklatura:
   http://www.cs.chalmers.se/~rjmh/Haskell/Messages/Decision.cgi?id=203
(Although at least part of their problem has to do with typing.)

> But also, when working with binary, ternary, and quaternary trees,
> I have wanted to do this:

It is really very pretty. One almost wants to pick it up and cuddle it.
But it's probably the kind of feature that is catering too much for a
special case while at the same time not really being useful all that
often in real code.

     /Richard