[erlang-questions] inets / tftpd startup question

Pete Kazmier pete-expires-20060401@REDACTED
Sun Oct 1 08:13:12 CEST 2006

As I mentioned in my previous email, I've started using the tftpd
server included in inets.  However, I'm having a hard time figuring
out the best way to start it.  I was hoping that this would work:

$ erl -sname tftp -detached -eval 'tftp:start([{port,8069}]).'

And then to stop it:

$ erl -noshell -sname master -eval 'rpc:call(tftp@REDACTED, erlang, halt, []).'

But for some reason, it does not appear to start.  I never see it
listening on port 8069.  Am I using '-eval' correctly?

Ideally, the above commands would go into a init script in my
/etc/init.d directory.  I'll also take advantage of the -heart option
once I get this first part straightened away.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Pete