[erlang-questions] Erlang node communicating to mysql node.

vipin vipin@REDACTED
Thu Nov 16 15:08:06 CET 2006

Hi,
  We are facing a peculiar problem when an erlang node is inserting
  data to a remote mysql database. The Mysql table has the following
  schema:-
      id  INT(10)
      contents BLOB

  The contents field contains binary data/images. We connect to the
  mysql database using mysql:connect/7 and when the binary data has
  to be sent we use mysql:fetch/2. Now, when the binary data is large
  (even 4K is too large) then the transaction does not complete!

  Could someone provide some valuable insights as to how to solve this?
warm regards,
Vipin Puri