[erlang-questions] Problem with installing OTP test server in Debian/Etch (testing)

Ladislav Lenart lenartlad@REDACTED
Thu Nov 9 13:03:21 CET 2006

Hello,

I am new to Erlang world (I come from Smalltalk one) and I am
quite impressed with Erlang capabilities but still a little
confused by its (complex) syntax... :-).

I downloaded OTP test server from erlang.org but was unable to
install it because make failed with message saying that files
   'target.mk', 'otp.mk' and 'otp_subdir.mk'
are missing - and they really are, I scanned my entire hardrive
in the hunt for them. There is alo no configure script present
that could generate them...

I am using erlang 11.b.1.dfsg-1 from debian repository. Just
for the sake of fullness, it uses
   Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.5.1
and init:script_id() returns
   {"OTP  APN 181 01", "R11B"}.

So my questions are:
   * What am I missing or doing wrong (where can I find those
     files)?
   * Are there any alternative test frameworks (which one would
     you recommend)?

Thank you,

Ladislav Lenart