[erlang-questions] Parsing with regexp (was regexp is slow)

Robert Virding robert.virding@REDACTED
Thu Nov 9 02:32:09 CET 2006

OK, a few comments.

The program which was mentioned was specifically for bench-marking
regexps, so there is not much you can do about that.

You are probably right that in some/many cases regexps are not the best
solution, but if it is something which people know about then they will
use them and we must give them a godd implementation.

When you talk about spliting the binary do you mean that this is done
internally and transparently to the user? Or does the user see the list
of segments? The origianl implementation of binaries had this capability
of referencing segments of a large binary. Very good for pulling the
binary apart. Although you could use it for splicing together if you
were careful.

Robert