[erlang-questions] Erlang/OTP R11B-2 has been released.

Fredrik Thulin ft@REDACTED
Wed Nov 8 17:04:06 CET 2006

Bjorn Gustavsson <bjorn@REDACTED> wrote:
> Bug fix release : otp_src_R11B-2
> Build date      : 2006-11-07

from the README :

> OTP-6294  The strict_record_tests option is now default; that is,
>           reading a field from a record using the
> 	      Record#record_tag.field syntax will fail if Record is not a
> 	      record of the correct type.

Excellent change! I found two bugs of record confusion in YXA right
away.
One in a test case but one in actual code (covered by a test case,
fortunately!).

The first one was my records request and response,

  #request{method, uri, header, body} and
  #response{method, uri, header, body}

the header element was used but with the wrong record type. Went
unnoticed because
the header element was in the same place in both records.

The second was basically this

  #info{foo, bar} and
  #extended_info{foo, bar, baz}

/Fredrik