[erlang-questions] Questions about Erlang documentation

Gunilla Arendt gunilla@REDACTED
Wed Nov 8 12:14:56 CET 2006

You've already got a number of replies, but I can add that the reason
for using the Unix man page convention "see xyz(3)" is mainly to avoid
having to use longer (and IMO clumsier) constructions such as
"see the documentation for xyz" all the time. Also, by using "xyz(3)"
it should be clear that it is the *documentation* for xyz you should
look at, not the module itself.

Send the documentation bug reports to the erlang-bugs mailing list.

/ Gunilla, Erlang/OTP team