[erlang-questions] Documenting records and .hrls with edoc

Richard Carlsson richardc@REDACTED
Wed Nov 8 10:49:03 CET 2006

Samuel Rivas wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   Is there any simple way to document a public .hrl file with record
> definitions.  I would like to document the record definitions in the hrl
> file, but I do not know how to make edoc parse it, nor how to document a
> record (apart from the ad-hoc solution of document the in the XHTML part
> of type definitions and link those types from the overview.edoc file).
>
>   Regards.

It hasn't been documented yet, but look in the lib/edoc/src/edoc.hrl
file for an example, along with the (currently out-commented) use of the
@headerfile tag in lib/edoc/src/edoc_extract.erl.

      /Richard