[erlang-questions] Help on dictionary search

Serge Aleynikov serge@REDACTED
Tue Nov 7 15:04:09 CET 2006

Try this (from problem statement I assume by a dictionary you mean a
list rather than the dict module):

remove_pid(Pid, Dict) ->
     remove_pid(Pid, Dict, []).

remove_pid(_Pid, _Dict = [], Acc) ->
     lists:reverse(Acc);
remove_pid(Pid, [{Class, List} | Tail], Acc) ->
     case [P || P <- List, P =/= Pid] of
     [] ->
         remove_pid(Pid, Tail, Acc);
     L  ->
         remove_pid(Pid, Tail, [{Class, L} | Acc])
     end.

[Not tested].