[erlang-questions] Package Support/Use

Thomas Lindgren thomasl_erlang@REDACTED
Tue Nov 7 14:15:12 CET 2006

--- Samuel Rivas <samuelrivas@REDACTED> wrote:

>   When you call a function that uses exceptions you
> can either catch the
> exception if you want or ignore it if it is
> meaningless in the context.
> Higher level functions can catch the exception
> later.
>
>   With tagged values you _must_ handle the tagged
> value, even if you
> want to ignore error cases.

Note that, going in the other direction, you can also
straightforwardly generate an exception from a
returned tagged value (e.g., badmatch), which then can
be handled by higher-level functions, etc. So, at
least for Erlang, I'm not sure your argument is
conclusive.

Best,
Thomas

Sponsored Link

Get an Online or Campus degree
Associate's, Bachelor's, or Master's - in less than one year.
http://www.findtherightschool.com