[erlang-questions] Erlang doesn't like ubuntu 6.10

Tobias Löfgren ugglan@REDACTED
Mon Nov 6 01:04:39 CET 2006

Just a heads up for anyone else who uses Ubuntu. Erlang seems to have
trouble loading external libraries/driver on a Ubuntu 6.10 "Egdy Eft"
system.

I've just spent the better part of the weekend trying to figure out what was
going wrong. First it seemed like a problem with Yaws, because erlang
compiled fine and "worked". But yaws stopped with a "exec 1: setuid_drv.so
:not found".

After much reinstalling and experimenting with different versions I
discovered that it was all dynamic loading of libraries that failed. For
example "crypto:start()." in the erl shell crashed in a similar fashion.

Maybe there is a simple solution to the problem, but at the moment it eludes
me, so I've downgraded. The same packages and erlang-versions work perfectly
fine in Ubuntu 6.06, so if you're using Ubuntu and Erlang, don't upgrade
ubuntu yet.

/tobias